Connect with me


View Raymond Chip Lambert's profile on LinkedIn View Raymond Chip Lambert's profile on MySpace

View Raymond Chip Lambert's profile on Facebook Follow me on Twitter

BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT

It's part sales, part marketing, part branding, part market research and development.

But most of all, it's an art whose masters have made millions.

Join me as we explore this conversation

LinkedIn Question: In which way does LinkedIn help you?

In her recent post to LinkedIn Answers, Yvonne Keijzers asked the following question:

In which way does LinkedIn help you?

Here is my response:

LinkedIn helps me connect with resources I never knew I had.

I teach a program on network development and LinkedIn is rapidly evolving as a topic of supreme importance.

Imagine this - in the real world you know X number of people. Your relationship with the majority of them is fairly casual. Even with the few people that you know well, there is a fair amount about them which you will never know unless it becomes the topic of a conversation; or you may discover things about them accidentally or in passing.

With LinkedIn, I have been able to look into the networks of the people that I know well and begin to have conversations with them that have led to significant new relationships, business, information sources, business intelligence, etc. Not only do I get know the people in my network much more deeply, but I get to continually expand my network and thus my value to my clients, my friends, and the group of people that I am looking to serve.

I've got a link to my blog where I posted a video on the power of a network and more deeply network development. Funny and very easy to understand. Check it out.

LinkedIn and social networking 2.0 in general, have bridged the gap between my father's advice that "in your lifetime you'll be able to count the number of true friends on one hand" and my mentor's admonition that "you live in the middle of an enormous network of resources and relationships" and have allowed me to tap into and leverage both.

Great question and thanks for asking!

Raymond Chip Lambert
Network 2 Networth


Deep Business Development

 

Share this post :

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

different paths

college campus lawn

wires in front of sky

aerial perspective

clouds

clouds over the highway

The Poultney Inn

apartment for rent

Copyright 2008 - Network 2 Networth, LLC - All Rights Reserved

Reuse Permitted with electronic Trackbacks